7/14/08

Planta....

My son calls Atlanta "Planta." So I'm back in Planta. I didn't get in until 2:00 a.m. this morning, flight delays because of storms here. So yeah, I'm dragging. We had a really nice weekend, though. The boys were in great moods the whole time, and no one cried when I left! Cooper just knew I was going to work and grandma was coming to stay and he was fine.

Speaking of my mom, when Neil picked me up from the airport on Friday he said sometimes my mom would get "snappy" with him. I choked back a laugh and said "well, maybe you're getting on her nerves." Of course his reply was that he never does anything wrong so she has no reason to be irritated with him. Anyway, I reminded him she is doing him a HUGE favor by staying with them while I'm gone. He agreed. So on Sunday while I was waiting at the airport again I talked to my mom on the phone. Uhhh, yeah. I think she finally saw what I'm living with every day and he definitely got on her nerves. She's flabbergasted at how Neil can spend an entire day off doing something that doesn't need to be done and totally ignore all the things around him (messes, piles of junk he's set down wherever he wants to, papers hoarded) that need to be done just so we can live like normal people. It was nice to have some validation that I'm not insane or a total bitch. But it also doesn't solve anything and it's almost more frustrating for me because there is no way I can change this stuff in him. I have to live with it and follow around behind him trying to keep him from destroying the house. I have to think about this a little more. Maybe I'll make a list for our next counseling appointment and pray we don't get in some circular conversation about his mom and her gambling and theft again.

On a lighter note, tomorrow the fleet lady comes to see us and we get to order our cars, yay! I heard a rumor that they may have added the Toyota Camry to the selection list, so we'll see.

2 comments:

T said...

Again, you don't need neil to move to Planta!!!

Christia said...

Woohoo about the cars :) Sorry about N being a punk! Always innocent, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...