11/25/08

Yay! Housing sales plummet!

I'm so excited. There's a story in our local news today that St. Louis' housing prices plummeted the highest amount in the nation in October! Why the glee, you ask? Because I sent the article to my real estate agent to forward on to the Countrywide people who are mulling over our lowball offer. They're in Cal-I-Forn-Ay-Eh, what do they know about the St. Louis market? Squat! Well, they're a gonna know sumpin about it now.

After sleeping on our decision one more night and going out for Mexican food right down the street from the New House last night, we are both fully engaged in owning that home. So it'll be a sad day in our house if we don't get it. I know we'll have to negotiate. I just hope it ends up favorable for us. I don't care about them. I want us to be happy.

And I want to be able to landscape that house! There's not one planting. Not one speck of living things other than grass has ever been planted on that property. Do you know what that means to me???!!! That's like walking into Nordstrom's with someone else's credit card and being told "just get whatever you want, it's on me." Or Target, or Walmart, whatever.

My point is, it's perfect for me. And now we have the great idea of adding cute Swissy shutters to the place to add some charm, and getting a gigantic new puppy to add some chaos, and the whole thing is just too much to stand! So we probably won't get it. But I'm maintaining cautious optimism. They're supposed to reply by tomorrow night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, it is Wednesday and I haven't read an update. I assume they have until close of business today? That would be 7:00 your time? I am so excited for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...