Seriously, my friend Sue must be some sort of design genius or something. She came over the other day to look at the house with a keen eye and tell me honestly what needs to be done to sell it.
She suggested we take down the attic doorwell to the upstairs because it was making the second story look like an attic instead of the second story. I had always wanted to do that but my husband pushed back and how many projects could we really take on at once, you know?!
But once an independent party suggested it, Neil got the sparkle in his eye. He could demo something. He loves to demolish things.
So yesterday afternoon, the Sawzall came out from hiding, and the walls came down!
And you know what? I LOVE IT. Honestly, I stand in the hallway now and just stare at the openness that is my stairwell. It's airy. It's a completely different stairwell. It almost makes me like this house again. **sigh**
I have a feeling by the time we make all of the improvements to sell this house I may love it again. That's OK, I'm prepared for that.
I wish I had some before pictures, but you can imagine - a short dark door that led to the upstairs. It was usually closed because Griffin likes to climb stairs. Now we'll have a series of complicated gates, but hey! They're better than that doorway!
Sue is one of those people who can walk into a home that hasn't been updated in thirty nine years, and she can instantly tell you what walls need to come down, how to reconfigure the living space, and how cool it will look afterwards. I don't have her vision, but I like to follow her direction! **On a more serious note, there is a baby girl named Harper who is clinging for her new life in a hospital in Arkansas. Please send up prayers that she makes it. Harper was the name I would have chosen for a girl if I'd had one.**



2 comments:
Looks like you're off to a great start!!
Wow the stairs look great! I too love the name Harper. I will be praying. Any updates?
Post a Comment