4/29/09

Feeling a little bit pissy

Maybe pissy isn't the right word. Sassy? Mouthy? I don't know, but I am feeling it this week. I found this fabric the other day while I was working in Illinois, and I snatched it up. It's me this week.
It's by Alexander Henry, and come to think of it he has some pretty kickass tattoo prints. Maybe I need to collect more of them.

Here are some of my recent fabric finds that I've fallen in love with.

I absolutely love the turquoise that peeks out from behind these cabbages. I don't know why. It's very striking when you hold it up against yourself.


I took Griffin on a walk tonight, just so I could think. And you know, walk off a few of the ridiculous calories I jammed into my mouth today. I realized that a month or two ago, I was emotionally frantic, maybe even fragile. My entire week in Florida I was frantic. Angry, panicked, you name it.

Today? Today I'm calm and at ease. Happy, even. Nothing's changed since then, except maybe everything has changed? Or just maybe I have.

I think I'm going to go get Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout DVD at Target today. I've been trying to walk but it's extremely hard to get out of the house while both of my kids are here.

Apparently it's illegal to leave them alone or something like that. I gues they worry about if they will they set the house on fire? Will they know how to call 911? Griffin's finger dexterity is very good but I'm not sure his understanding of emergency response personnel is very high.

So I'll let you know how painful it is and whether I have rock hard abs in a week or so. I have to go to a meeting after Memorial Day so I plan to be shredded by then. Wish me luck.
If you haven't entered your name in the hat to win a bitchin new skirt from moi, leave a comment here, telling me which new print you like the best on this post. Don't worry, I'll still let you choose from a much wider variety when it comes time to create your masterpiece.
- H

7 comments:

Angela said...

I am tempted to start the 30-day Shred, but totally terrified, too. I entered a giveaway to try and win a copy, so we shall see. Have you been reading Big Mama and Boo Mama's posts about how they started it this week? L.M.B.O.

That top pattern is awesome. My mom loves all things Asian. I think she thinks she's part Asian just b/c she's been to Japan thrice and China once. LOL

Just so you know, I am not entering your new contest b/c I already won a skirt from you. I'll be ready to give you some measurements soon! :)

Marci said...

Great material!
I've been feeling pissy this week, too. I am so darn tired of gray skies, I think that's my main issue.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I hope I win so I can have a skirt out of that first fabric!!!!!!!!

If not, can I pay you for a MT out of that fabric??????

LMBO at Angela being nice and not entering in for a second skirt. Screw that.

Shannon said...

i have wanted to try the 30 day shred too. let us know if you do it...

when i read the title of this entry, i wanted to sing "i feel pissy" to the tune of west side story.

i love the black and white fabric... but then again, my whole closet is b&w.

Meffy said...

I like the B&W fabric too. I've got to post a picture of Avery and I in your MT! You need a wall to post photos of everyone wearing your creations!

Shannon said...

good idea mary ellen... heather you should have a photo blog of all your creations.

Fredericks Family said...

I am finally trying to catch up on all the blogs! You find the BEST fabric. Those are all beautiful! I am loving the 2nd one.. I am into girly stuff right now:) So feminine. That black and white print looks similar to the peanut shell I got!

I have been thinking about you! Glad to hear you are doing good:)

Oh, and my mom got that Jillian DVD and said she was sore for a week. And she works out all of the time! I am nervous to start it but I need to do something so you have convinced me to get that one. Go ahead Jill, kick my butt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...