4/27/09

A teaser for tomorrow's excitement

I forgot to add to my weekend recap, some photo highlights of projects I've either finished or almost finished. Almost is very hard for me, I usually just want to quit. Good thing they're not for me, they would stay in a state of limbo forever.


When I saw this fabric, an Australian aboriginal print, a friend's name sang out in my head. I don't know if she'll like it or not, but I believe it is meant to be with her. Hope it fits!


These pants were my favorite camos both of my boys wore quit a few times. Unfortunately Griffie's belly no longer will fit into them, so I've repurposed them into a cute girl's skirt. What do you think? Dumb or cute?

Here's another little girl project. I have to tell you, a bad pattern can make me cuss out loud possibly more than working with tulle. This is an adorable dress with great engineering and really crappy instructions. If a beginner sewer bought this pattern and thought they'd take up sewing, they would quit. It doesn't explain all of the steps, it leaves you to guess half of it, and it doesn't even tell you how to finish the dress! So irritating. Good thing I can improvise. Next time I make it I'll know better, but these people should have their wrists smacked for putting out such a shoddy pattern. Cute finished product, though.

Oh, and a new skirt for moi! I love this print, and I added ric-rac to the bottom because I can't get enough of that zany stuff right now.


So, that's it for today's sewing posts. Tomorrow is the Big Giveaway in honor of Mother's Day, so stop back!
- H

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love my skirt Heather! Thank-you so much! I think it's so cool you have your own labels...my first personal designer made frock!!!

Marci said...

Absolutely fabulous skirts, Heather!

Christia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that repurposed skirt! Fab! And that circusy skirt is perfect!

Mary Jo said...

1st the material on that 1st skirt makes me want to become a skirt wearer! LOVE IT!... then again you do have the best taste in retro/ mod type fabrics.
2nd that little girl dress makes my uterus hurt! SO CUTE and girly! Gald you are having so much fun!

kori bates said...

CUTE! You do wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that little girl dress is to-die-for. Seriously. I LOVE the ruffle detail around the neckline. Sigh. So sweet.

I also love the fabric of the first skirt. It looks so light and airy. It could totally be dressy with some kitten heels and a knit blouse or casual with a cotton tank and flops!

The camo skirt is awesome too. It totally looks like it will belong to a little girl with a serious attitude. :P

And, surprisingly, I love the rick-rack on your skirt. It is a perfect finishing touch to that hem. :)

Heather said...

Good thing Sara likes this stuff because it's heading in her direction! LOL!

Anonymous said...

lmbo. what would have happened if I had answered that it was all lame? ;) Seriously I was coveting that little girl dress, but I didn't want to look greedy asking if it was for Lily! LOL.

BTW, I loaned my Christmas Mei Tei to a brand new momma for a week so she can learn how to wear her ONE WEEK old baby. That baby snuggled into the white minky so happily, I bet I just made a babywearer for life. Though Ben was sad to see me loan that one because he thinks it is the "Minnie Mouse" Mei Tei. LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...