I spent a little time this weekend putting together my new Tracy Reese skirt (Vogue 1092) and it's gone relatively well, if you like ripping out stitches.

Honestly, I love this skirt! It's just that those triangles gave me fits for awhile as they all got turned around and inside out and whatnot. The fabric I'm using doesn't have a discernible right and wrong side, so it's been a tad tricky.
But I soldiered on! I will not let this skirt be the hill I die on! I am getting way too caught up in battle analogies, but there are an army of army guys under my feet so it's appropriate.
I finished to the point of hand-stitching the zipper lining and hemming it. I really want to use my blind hem foot but my primary machine is in the shop and I'm sewing in my Grandma's old Bernina, so I'll finish the hemming next week sometime.
I have to confess, I'm wearing Spanx in these pictures. I cut the pattern to my size, and then tried it on after I had the skirt body put together, but before I'd attached the lining. I took in the sideseams about 1/8" on either side, and now I wish I had that back! But it's possible that I'm a tad bloated right now, and I'm always heavier in the winter, and then there's always the possibility that I'll suffer some metabolic change and lose a little weight for no reason, right?
So far I wouldn't call this Vogue pattern Advanced. I think an intermediate sewer with experience putting in a zipper could definitely do it. It has a little insert for the kickpleat that was the first of its kind I'd ever seen, but it wasn't difficult and the pattern's instructions were clear as mud.
Next up, I'll be starting on the jacket, oooooooooooohh [that was a scary ooh, not a happy ooh]. I don't think I've ever made a jacket with sleeve stays, so this is definitely a project that will be expanding my skill set.
And then after that I'm super excited to get started on my Colette patterns Parfait dress! I have the perfect linen/cotton blend from Japan with strawberries all over it. And then after that.... you see my problem? I am adult ADD in action.
- H



6 comments:
i love the skirt... you look great in it!!
Very stylish Heather!
Sexy mama! I love the skirt! Great job! And good luck with the jacket!
Wow. That is fantastic looking. MUCH better than the pattern photo, by the way.
I'm so jealous of your height! :)
Wow--you look amazing, and the skirt is GREAT!
Heather you look amazing! I'm so impressed with your sewing skillz! :)
Post a Comment