We got home last night from the worst vacation we've ever taken. That's not saying much because we've only taken a handful of family vacations.
But seriously? Could have skipped this one and probably been healthier and happier.
Here were the high points:
- We got to see my parents.
- We got to see my parents.
- It was really freaking cold. Like, 20 degrees below normal the entire time we were there. I actually put on my swimsuit and took my kids to the pool and hot tub when it was 60 degrees out. In a gale force wind. One night we went down to the beach in Naples and managed to stay five minutes. While the wind blew 50 mph and it was about 20 degrees out. Sickening.
- We all got the stomach flu. Griffin woke up the first day with gray skin, his usual low low low body temperature (the child is like the living dead when he gets a virus, he goes cold), diarrhea and crankiness. The next night I woke up to spend most of the night in the bathroom, hugging the toilet. Then my dad got it. Then my husband. Now we're waiting for my mom and Cooper to declare themselves ill or healthy.
- Since I was so sick I couldn't even go shopping. Can you believe that?
- I can't even remember the rest. It just stunk all around.
- H



2 comments:
Oh Heather that's awful! I'm so sorry. Hope you are all back full strength now. HUGS - mj
That ROYALLY sucks, H. :(
Post a Comment