12/13/10

Scratch that. It's horses and flash mobs.

There may be a slight chance that I might be slightly hormonally imbalanced this week. Maybe. I wouldn't really know because thanks to the modern miracles of science and those lovely people who make the Mirena IUD, I don't have the pesky bothersome visit from my pesky aunt every 28 days anymore. (Sorry, all you male readers out there. I should have warned you, eh?)

This is a wonderful thing, and yet! The heads up that emotions maybe running high would be nice every now and then.

First I found myself sobbing about a race horse that won despite the odds being stacked against her. Then my mom sent me a link to this YouTube video of a flash mob singing the Hallelujah chorus in a mall food court.



Good Lord. You'd have thought I was having one of those moments where I saw the Virgin Mary in a baked potato for the amount of tears I shed! My kids were sitting on my lap, happily punching holes in bills with my hole puncher and trying to staple their fingers together, and my weeping managed to interrupt their activity, which is a small miracle. Cooper asked me if I was ok.

Yes, honey. I'm ok. God was just speaking to me through YouTube again.

- H

6 comments:

Amy said...

I totally cried through that as well. It was so beautiful. I think there would be something wrong if the music of Handel's Messiah didn't move a person to feel such emotion. Handel himself suffered what many thought was a career ending stroke. But he recovered from it and went on to write The Messiah in 3 weeks! And when he was done he said to his assistant, "God has visited me".

So God truly could be talking to you through youtube:)

Great post.

Me? A Mom? said...

Flash mobs get me every time. But so does Glee.

Jill VT said...

Oh that was beautiful! Yes, you're just a normal warm human, hormones or no. I can't believe some bovines just kept eating. ;) How is that IUD, by the way? One of my friends had a lot of bleeding with that little sucker.

Melinda said...

I can proudly say that this was done in my hometown, isn't it amazing? I'm so proud.

Angela said...

Heather!!! That was MY MALL! I was there just the day before.

I'm getting the Mirena on Thursday. I hope it works okay for me. Email me if you have any tips. :)

Angela said...

Okay, just checked, and my sources were wrong. That is not my mall. You can tell I go about once a year b/c I don't know what stores are in the food court. HA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...