
*Gratuitous brown moron in a new sweater shot.*
Every winter, at least the past four since I had children, I get hit with this moment. One year it actually happened in February. This year I had it last week. I was riding in the back of a cab on my way to a hotel where I'd spend the rest of the week in a meeting for work.
I glanced at the snow, and I thought "Christmas is going to be pretty this year."** And I didn't mean Christmas 2011 either.
I have no idea what that's all about, except maybe Christmas would be better appreciated in January than in December. By the time the hubbub of the holidays is past and I launch myself into the next year with gusto (or the next year is launched onto me regardless of how I feel about it, whatever), that's when things finally settle in and I'm totally ready to appreciate the holidays.
This also somewhat explains my feelings when looking back at pictures of my children in their various developmental phases.
I looked at my calendar this weekend and I believe I'll be able to come up for air sometime in March. Which is cool because March is officially spring to me and God knows I am not a lover of cold winters that drag on and on. Hopefully I'll find something to write about before March, if for no other reason than to keep the BlogHer ads team from descending on me.
I do want to give you an update of my Sugarbusters success story. Just give me a couple weeks to lose the weight I regained at Christmas, and then I'm totally on it.
- H
**Don't shoot me for using the word Christmas in January. I know, it makes you crazy, it makes me crazy too. I'll stop. Christmas.
1/23/11
Christmas is going to be so awesome this year.
By Heather on 1/23/2011
This is about working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yes, please, no mention of Christmas, January or snow. March, spring and daffodils are preferable. And I guess Sugarbusters, since I am eating chocolate right now.
I'm tired of winter. I'm tired of ice. And if I never have to celebrate Christmas again, I'm cool with that...
Post a Comment