Let's see....rough weekend with children, followed by one day of work, followed by two snow days trapped with children, followed by two work days, followed by two weekend days with children....
You get the picture. I hate to be all child hating and whatnot, but my kids are OUT OF CONTROL with winter boredom right now, and having the fracking malls close for inclement weather doesn't help matters. No Chik-fil-A. No playzone stocked with new germs. No Nordstrom's for mommy.
We never did get the snowmageddon we were predicted to get. We did get an inch or so of freezing rain and ice followed by five or six inches of sleet. You know how I know it was sleet, even though it's white and you can sled on it? Because my irritating know-it-all oncologist neighbor's five-year-old son made SURE to tell my sons every single time they yelled SNOW IS FUN that it WASN'T SNOW, it was SLEET. There was a point when I, the adult, actually said "R, who cares? Snow, sleet, it's still fun to sled on!"
Yes, I'm not proud of that moment. Good thing he wasn't listening to me at all but was busy thinking about how brilliant he is. Brilliant, and yet oddly unfamiliar with such regular childhood things like The Outside.
Anyway, the day flew by, my kids rampaged the house, I kicked them out a few times to sled, I scraped ice and shoveled sleet (remarkably heavy, by the by), and I fielded a late afternoon phone call telling me that surprise! my boss is no longer with the company, which is corporate lingo for she is no longer with the company and it wasn't her choice. Aaaannnnnd scene.
You know what? A local career in real estate is looking mighty attractive right about now. No travel. No corporate dramas. No oversized egos. No income.
Hmmmm, this is going to be a tough one. Good thing I have one more snow day to ruminate on it all. Somebody call me late tomorrow afternoon, would you please? Just a courtesy check to be sure the inmates haven't overtaken the asylum. Thanks.
- H
2/1/11
I vote no more snow days
By Heather on 2/01/2011
This is about mommying, working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment