I think envy is one of the most insidious things to deal with. I was struck by it yesterday when I saw some pictures of someone I don't even know and their beautiful family. It's funny how just a snapshot of someone else's life can make you envious of what they have and what you think you don't have. I had a conversation with my dad just the other day that "wanting" stuff is very difficult to get under control because the list can become so long. It started when we heard my toddler saying "I want..." and his list was loooong. But aren't all of our lists long? I need to work on being happier with what I have.
Training is going pretty good, I'm really happy I made this move. The company seems like a good fit to me so far. It'll be nice to go home this weekend, though. I want to kiss my boys, just listening to them on the phone makes me want to be there!
7/8/08
Envy
By Heather on 7/08/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I agree about envy. It's bad. I think I had it the worst when Benjamin was born. I wouldn't even take him to the nursery b/c I couldn't stand to see "normal" babies. We all have things that others want, and we all want things that others have. But just remember that you are super loved, and love conquers all. I'm so glad you get to see those they're-so-cute-I-could-eat-them boys this weekend. Though I'm sad you're so close and I don't get to "meet" you! HUGS!
I have the same problem with being envious of others. We all do. Mine right now is the same as yours. I am envious of apparently happy beautiful families. But, remember we all smile for a picture! They have the same kinds of issues that we have. Or maybe worse/more. The Shehorn's always smiled for the picture (except Joe I've noticed in photos I've been looking at! Weird!) but we had just been fighting with each other and mom had to threaten to get the kids to sit and smile for the photo! You know what I am talking about. Be sure that those happy pics are just show. We all have difficult lives! I know a family whose husband has been cheating on his wife for a year. They have the cutest pictures and everyone looks so happy and like one big united family! It's fake!
Post a Comment