7/27/08

Griffin is growing up

I'm going through one of those phases where I am head over heels in love with my kids. I can't get enough of them, they've been so stinking great since I got home from Atlanta!

Cooper has been so sweet, his preschool teacher even told me he's the best kid in the class. He's polite, does what they ask him to, thanks them for things, says "please." I was so proud of him when she told me that! Of course, she told me that after another bite incident, but that's ok. The other boy bit him because he isn't very verbal yet and couldn't figure out how to get a toy away from Cooper.

And Griffin, ahhh my sweet baby! He's working on crawling and walking at the same time. He figured out how to sit up on his own on Saturday, so that ruined his naps for the weekend because he'd get in his crib and sit up and talk, but he was tired and wanted to sleep! So he'd whine (which is totally unlike him) and I'd go in and lay him back down and he'd sigh like "ahhh, that's what I was trying to do!" We went to the pool late this afternoon with my mom and Gage (who's here for two weeks) and Griffin had a ball splashing in the lagoon side. He's been really healthy since his hospital scare, I pray he stays that way.

Neil and I went out to dinner last night alone, so we got a chance to talk about Stuff. That's always interesting. He wants me to stop shopping, so I told him I'd be glad to stop shopping when he starts contributing 50% of the living/housing expenses. Right now, I'm carrying the load for the mortgage, utilities, etc. So we're working on it. I also told him I work for a number of reasons, outlined what they are, etc. It was a nice dinner, we had a great babysitter, so it was nice to have a chance to try to work out some of our Issues.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I love how you capitalized Stuff and Issues. :)

I, too, love this stage! Well, I love Andrew's stage. Benjamin's still too much of a "baby" for my tastes. ;)

Your boys always seem so flippin' cuddly. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...