7/15/08

Two more days

Two more days of training. I was able to change my flight to Thursday night so I'll be home when the boys wake up in the morning and my long-suffering mom can go home. I'm sure she won't want to see us again for a while.

For some reason I am having a strange identity crisis right now. I sit in class and have all day to think about things. It's too much time on my hands. I had been feeling much more optimistic about things lately, and then today I got all bogged down again. Yuck! Like I said, it's just too much time inspecting my navel.

I really want to go into this job and do so good that I make an impact, rebuild the part of my career that was hurt by my tenure at BMS. That was a rough 2.5 years, and I'd like to try to crawl up out of that professional hole. So that's my plan. I ate lunch today with a guy from Omaha who gave me some good advice - do the job you want, not the job you have. So if you're a rep who wants to move to management, then start behaving like a manager, helping others, mentoring, facilitating, etc. So that's what I'm going to try to do.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...