Sometimes Cooper just cracks me up. I got an email from the John McCain campaign today inviting us to a rally on Sunday, so Neil was totally excited about going and taking his friend Bob (this old guy he and Cooper met at Starbucks a few years ago), who is a die-hard Republican. So I went online and sent our RSVP, and saw that there is a campaign office in Sunset Hills. We decided to drive down Lindbergh and find it before going to Bread Company for dinner.
The plan was to pick up our tickets at that office, and Neil wants to aggravate the neighbors by putting out a McCain yard sign. We live in a sea of hippies and Obama signs. In Webster it's a badge of honor to live in a million dollar home with ridiculously high taxes but let your property look like it might be an abandoned house. It's like the hippie version of shabby chic. But I digress. As we're driving, we told Cooper we were looking for "John McCain's house" so he starts his litany of questions -
Where's John McCain?
Who is he?
Will John McCain hold me?
Hold me, John McCain!
I like John McCain.
I was laughing so hard by the time we got to Bread Company. We never found the office but it was well worth the aimless driving to listen to my kid talk about John McCain. He's the most social person in our family. I think John McCain would like it that my two-year-old loves him.
8/28/08
Hold me, John McCain!
By Heather on 8/28/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
HA!!!!!!!!!! That is so funny!!
During the last election, my parents had a Bush sign in their yard. My older brother took it and replaced it with a Kerry sign. He was successful in his intent, b/c she went ballistic and thought some democrat did it. HA! It was fun to watch.
I would love to see Cooper and Andrew together; they'd have so much fun!
How cute is Cooper? I want John McCain to hold me too! I'm scared!!!!
Post a Comment