8/13/08

Leaves

I chose my new blogger layout because I am turning over a new leaf. And let me tell you, leaves are hard to turn! It's hard hard hard to stop doing what you used to do and try something different.

  • I started with a manicure on Monday morning, I got acrylic overlays on my own nails. So they'll always look nice and professional without being daggers. I was also a little embarassed about my yucky hands.
  • I'm also walking almost every morning. I read an article today that said walking slow or fast will (over time) lead to much more tone and muscle vs. fat than not walking.
  • I'm also forcing Binnie to turn over a new leaf by hooking her up to the leash for these walks. She was clickety clacking along with us this morning and she seemed to really like it! It beats letting her run free in the backyards, coming back full of burrs and whatnot.
  • I have a sitter scheduled for almost every Saturday night so Neil and I can go out without kids. This is a hard one for me, I'd rather be home with my boys. But I know it's important for us to go out without them, too.
  • I asked a new family over for a playdate this weekend, we're slowly making friends with other parents of small kids! Yay!!!
  • And most importantly, I'm working harder at work. I really want to reinvent my career and this is the hardest thing on my list. Ten years is a long time to develop bad habits, but I really really want to change them and go back to being good at what I do again. I'm enjoying it again, that's super cool!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm proud of you. :)

Christia said...

That is so awesome Heather. You are an amazing friend, and mother, and wife. You will do so well at your new job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...