10/14/08

Ugh and yay

Have you ever had the feeling that you're invisible? That you just don't matter to people? I had that feeling today, over something completely ridiculous. Not work related. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like I matter less to people that matter a lot to me. Hmm, I'll have to think about that.

On a much brighter note, I am having a great professional day. I've had a lot of fun talking to the people I work with, I told my regional director about a special project I am interested in participating in, and it's exciting to get my career back on track doing something I really love.

I still have anxiety about my last job and sometimes it rears its head in the form of insecurity (thinking people might believe the worst of me, or have heard bad rumors, or whatever). I have to just plod ahead doing what I know how to do and learning how to be better at what I do. I think good performance will outweigh any bad rumors in the end, and the entire truth of what went on back in that crapbag job will never be completely revealed. So I just have to be good at what I do, and the negativity will fall away, right? Right?? I should read some professional self-help books. I just don't have the time.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Ugh indeed. I am sorry that you felt invisible. :(

That is awesome that you're enjoying your job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...