10/23/08

Vacation letdown

You know that feeling after you get home from vacation, kind of like a mini depression? Well, the day after your birthday is a similar feeling. I got nothin. I even posted a reply to MJ on Hot Topics! I can't believe I did that, MJ. I wasn't picking a fight, although in hindsight it might have looked like it. You know us Republicans, we're a mean bunch.

Plus it's been kind of a bummer day:

  1. It's cold and rainy.
  2. The Fed is secretly trying to funnel more money to the idiots who got us into this financial crisis.
  3. The CEO of Bank of America went public admitting that he and his CEO friends are overpaid and more crises are coming.
  4. The mainstream media is pronouncing John McCain dead in the water (remember Weekend at Bernie's?).
  5. My colleagues at my previous company were being layed off today, and let's see....
  6. Oh yeah, some girl who volunteers for the GOP either got carved by a madman at an ATM or carved herself after a man robbed her at an ATM, with a B on her cheek. Weird.

But wait - la Pièce de résistance - Alan Greenspan testified today, possibly admitting that his policies had a "flaw" that could have spawned the current global financial crisis. This is a direct quote from Wonkette, who would probably rather be blaming all of it on Sarah Palin if they could figure out how:

"So here are three major factors that contributed to our country’s world’s current financial misfortunes: prolonged periods of historically low interest rates (even negative real interest rates), the complete deregulation of such derivatives as credit default swaps, and encouragement from Washington that the inflated housing boom was nothing to worry about. It’s rare that you can pin so many large factors on one person, but, well, former Fed chief Alan Greenspan set the low interest rates, led the pressure on Congress to keep derivatives markets wholly deregulated, and was the voice from Washington that said everything was fine."

By the way, has anyone ever really looked at Alan Greenspan and wondered how Andrea Mitchell is married to him?

Tomorrow night I'll be off on a jet plane again, this time to San Fran. I'm sure I'll have nothing to do but blog, so get yer popcorns ready!

P.P.S. Now that three out of the four of us have blogs, Neil wants one too. He said his will be about cars and car parts and other guy stuff. Cool.

1 comments:

Sara said...

Tell Neil that Ian will read his blog religiously.

You know you have hit a low as a Republican when you are quoting Wonkette.

Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...