I am now sitting at the Food Court at O'Hare Airport, waiting for my flight home. I took the redeye out of San Francisco last night so I could get home this morning instead of 8:00 p.m. tonight.
As I was sitting at the airport, a man with twins - two and a half years old - comes tromping through the airport. Each kid was carrying their own bag. It was 11:30 p.m. Parents of small kids can imagine how tired those kids must have been by the time they got on the flight. The dad didn't have a clue how to work with them, how to comfort them or help them get comfortable in their seats. By the time I got on the plane, they were both screaming. Screaming. This went on for 45 minutes! I feared I wasn't going to sleep during the precious 4 hours we had.
Alas, after takeoff they did both fall asleep. Then as we're approaching landing, the flight attendant came around to tell dad he had to wake the kids and sit them upright in their seats so they could be strapped in! So you can imagine how they reacted to that, too.
My question was - did he have any other flight choices? Would you choose a redeye (and there's a reason they call it a redeye) or would you go during the day, even if it meant a "long" trip, with the time zone changes?
Anyhoo, now I wait for my flight to San Louie so I can crawl into my own bed for a few hours and then go pick up the monkeys at school! Yay!
10/29/08
What was he thinking?
By Heather on 10/29/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My guess is, he thought it would be a good idea to take a redeye so the kids would sleep the whole trip. He failed to consider the waiting/boarding/unboarding/luggage process. Poor kids.
P.S. I love California too.
Sara
I can't handle things like that. It makes me so sad for the kiddos.
They needed their mommy!!!!
Oh man! That is just sad. Though, maybe, like Sara thought, he figured it would be better for the kids, to sleep on the plane. Or maybe he thought there wouldn't be as many people on the plane?
Post a Comment