11/12/08

Effluvia

You know when you buy a new coat or a new skirt, how the manufacturer tacks down the vents in the back with big cross-threads? Yeah, when you buy the coat, you're supposed to cut those threads. That's one of my biggest pet peeves, seeing someone look really great in their new duds, only to turn around and look like they've been tied up or something because the vent doesn't open when they walk! It's weird. It's like wearing pantyhose with sandals, and your toes look like they're trapped in these little webs.

I finished my cowboy mai tei tonight at Mom's house. I think I'm going to send it to Sara for her Babywearer's Convention this weekend. Maybe she can find a good home for it. I made it for Griffie but now that we have the hip carrier, I think that's better for him. I can't seem to work a back carry on my own and he won't do a front carry inward anymore.

My sewing table came today, yay! I can't start using my embroidery machine until I get the table set up, so I've been dying to get it. Tomorrow night Neil is going to put it together so by this weekend I should be able to embroider some stuff! I have a great idea for a monogrammed mai tei for a certain someone having a baby girl in a month or so? Should be cute!

Mom called me in the car today and told me Harold's filed for bankruptcy and is closing all of its stores! I can't believe it, they seemed to be a retailer for wealthier buyers (cause their stuff is ridiculously expensive) but apparently this economy has affected them, too. I went by there on my way home and got a new top to wear under some suits, but I think the stuff is still too expensive! Yikes. I like my Target tops. I tried to check their website but they aren't even selling off the stuff on there. Bummer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how cool I am going to be to be giving away a MT at the International Babywearing Celebration!

As for the embroidery, I saw a momma yesterday with a wrap-conversion OMT that had a beautiful outline of a butterfly embroidered on the hood. It was gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...