Rats, this is somewhat embarassing, and I am slightly hopeful my mother doesn't read this.
I was just upstairs clearing out Cooper's closet and sorting through sizes and clothes that don't fit him anymore. Just when he was getting a lot of use out of his 2T jeans, they're now all too short for him. And I simply can't send him out into Public with jeans that are too short. They look dumb.
There are six rubbermaid containers in his closet, with various seasons and sizes of clothes his brother is going to wear someday. Well, I got to the last rubbermaid and lo and behold...it was all girl stuff.
Some of you may recall that I had a stash of girl clothes that I'd collected over the past few years. Usually they'd be on clearance at the end of a season and I'd snatch them up, hopeful for a daughter to wear them.
I have no daughter! I have two fantastic boys that I wouldn't trade for a girl for the entire world and no plans of ever having another baby. I thought I'd gotten rid of all my girl stash. Apparently not.
Here's the problem...as I was looking through the things I have left, it was very hard for me to commit to giving them away. I know baby girls now that I could gift them to, and of course there's always The Scholar Shop that would gladly take donations of clothes with the tags still on them!
I guess the insane part of me wants to hang on to them because there's a dim chance my life will change and I'll have another baby. But even if that were to happen, it's at least a 50/50 chance that it would be another boy. And frankly, that would be awesome! After having Griffin I just had this odd feeling that I would love to have three boys.
So...do I give the clothes away? Do I keep them? Will keeping them be some sort of sick way of hanging on to a dream I need to let go of? *sigh*
I wish I had a crystal ball.
11/30/08
I have a silly dilemna
By Heather on 11/30/2008
This is about mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I think I'd pick a few that you like a lot to hold on to (just in case) and then give the rest away. If you ever do have another baby...think of how much fun it will be to shop for a girl all over again. Plus, you can donate them and give someone a very Merry Christmas while making more room in your closet. It's a win, win!
Hey, is this like eBay? I'll bid $1.25 for the six tubs (plus S&H) if things go well.
LOL, I vote give them away to friends that have little girls to wear them. :)
Really though, I have never understood the rubbermaid bins, so I can't comment. Maybe Christia would have some insight?
HA! Love Sara's comment! I say pick out what you absolutely LOVE. I did that before we moved, and kept it. The tub that was in Cooper's closet, is probably your absolute favorites though...or else it wouldn't have been hidden. I say keep it. I'm sure they're not clothes that will immediately go out of style, so if say, in 3 years you know you're not going to have another baby, you can then sell.
For the record, I will have my rubbermaid tote until I have a girl, whether that be via adoption or sperm selection! ;)
Hey you have a decent sized house with storage space right? What's the harm in storing them for a while?
Then again, maybe ask me in late January when I know the sex of my baby! LOL - just kidding! I say keep your favorites. MJ
Post a Comment