Who would have thought that the year I turned 36 would also be the year I fell in love with knee high socks again? I bought a bunch of them to wear with my cute red Anthropologie boots. Well, this morning it was freezing here, very very very cold. I went into my sock drawer to find a pair of socks to wear, and none of them from last year were sans holes.
So even though I wasn't wearing my cute boots, and I had jeans on, I pulled on a pair of my stripey knee-highs and Griffie and I left into the white cold morning to go to Bread Company.
Let me tell you...those calves of mine were warm! The entire morning. In fact, I still have them on and those socks are like little leg warmers. Which is good because I've felt yucky all day like I'm coming down with something. So, I give knee-highs a thumbs up and now I think I might wear them everyday no matter what footwear I have on.
Neil set up my new sewing table yesterday, and I finally started using the Artista! Yikes, that is one intimidating machine. They don't even call it a sewing machine, it's called a sewing computer. I was going to take the dvd tutorial and teach myself, but it's literally impossible. So now I have to find some time to sit with an old lady at the fabric store and let her train me at her pace. This is going to be sheer torture for me. I absolutely hate learning at someone else's pace. I always want to shout out "YEAH YEAH, PICK UP THE PACE!" I may have a touch of ADD. Maybe more than a touch. I can concentrate, but it has to be at warp speed. I can't even take slow talkers.
Tomorrow morning we have to take Cooper to the dentist for some sedation dentistry. Apparently his teeth didn't form correctly at some point in his infancy and they aren't right. So some of them are softer than normal and one of them got a cavity. So we have to have it filled and have his teeth polished and a treatment done on them to try to prevent more decay before his adult teeth come in. Looking for ward to it!
11/16/08
Knee highs
By Heather on 11/16/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh man! I can't wait for you to get the hang of the Artista! :) What a sweet name!
Oh PS I wear leggings a lot. Even under my jeans here. It was a balmy 18 degrees this morning as I scraped the ice off my windshield. Fun.
My calves are too big for boots. :(
Post a Comment