11/14/08

Cabela's is super big, and AT&T U-verse is freaky smart

OK, first up: AT&T's new U-verse service (especially the tv) is awesome. I know, I've written about it before, but then yesterday its limits were tested...Griffin got a hold of the tv remote.

Griffie is affectionately called a "bruiser" around here. He stood there, heavy-handing the remote until our tv no longer had a picture. It was purple, blue and green fuzzy things, reminiscent of the days when our tv's had antennas and we had to sit next to them to change the channel, remember that? Sara probably doesn't. But I digress...

We tried everything, we reset the u-verse box, we changed the tv's channel, switched from cable to dvd back to cable. You know, the works. Then I finally got on the phone with u-verse tech support.

It's a Festivus Miracle that the freaky voice recognition computer lady on the other end of the line even understood me through the background noise of "NO, GRIFFIE, that's MY blankie!! AHHHH" from Cooper and "eeehhh da da da eeehhh aaahhhhh bla bla bla" from Grif.

But she did apparently.

Because as I was holding, after I had told them my account number and the fact that I needed tech support for my tv, the screen on the tv mysteriously changed from techno fuzz to a black screen with a gear, a "fix it" symbol. Then the symbol got bigger. Then the box clicked off and then on and reset itself. Seriously, by this time I'd hung up the phone as it was clear Poltergeist was fixing our tv. Needless to say, ten minutes later we had a working television again.

I love U-Verse! *sigh* Best thing that ever happened to this household.

Tonight after picking up the kids, Neil and I drove them in the rain up to Cabela's. Has anyone else ever been to a Cabela's? It's the freakiest place for non-hunters and fisherpersons like myself. It's enormous, and all around you are stuffed deer, elk, bear, raccoons, stuffed fish, stuffed bigger fish, stuffed ginormous fish. Then they have these floor to ceiling fish tanks with HUMONGOUS fish, freaky looking freshwater fish that would haunt nightmares if you were afraid of freshwater fish. I'm not, but I still don't like swimming in lakes.

I lost my family in that place. They were sitting near the gigantic Dead Bear exhibit, but I couldn't find them after trying to find the clearance Frye boots that I'd overheard someone at my hair salon talking about. She might have bought the last pair, who knows. I never found them.

So we had a lovely outing, complete with fish 'n dead mammals and guns 'n ammo. And then we ate at Steak 'n Shake. And now the kids are in bed, Neil is sleeping somewhere, and I'm about to. God Bless America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you are enjoying your U-verse! I know it's an amazing product and thankfully makes my company look good! ;) Now I just wish it were available in my suburb!
Love your blogging! I too discovered knee-hi's again after buying them just for boots. I'm such a cold body---they really make a difference despite the fact that I have private school flashbacks every day that I don them!
-Monica

Angela said...

I love Steak N Shake and Festivus!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...