My own son, Griffin, barely one year old, has busted me on a Christmas present already!
My husband bought a new rifle this weekend. I know, I'm anti guns. He's pro guns. It's a wonder we ever got married. But we did, and now I live in a home with guns. And a massive gun safe.
So he mentioned that a good Christmas present for him would be a nice gun cleaning kit, one that would work on many different types of guns, and also a "scope cover." My mom needed a gift idea for him, so I passed along the cleaning kit idea, and we decided to meet at Cabela's over the lunch hour yesterday.
We wandered aimlessly among the dead mammals and murderous hunters until we found what we were looking for, and we checked out. Oh, and I also snagged an adorable North Face jacket, since I didn't really have a winter coat anymore...long story.
So this morning, Neil says to me, "Soooo...did Cabela's have any nice gun cleanings kits?" I did a head whiplash. "I know what you got me for Christmas...I know you went to Cabela's." What?!
"How do you know?"
"Griffin brought me the receipt."
Sure enough, that little ankle biter had grabbed the receipt from the floor somewhere and handed it to Neil. Luckily it was the receipt for the $20 scope cover and not Mom's present. And apparently, that's not the type of scope covers he was talking about, so I have to return it.
Dang it.
12/9/08
Busted
By Heather on 12/09/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOL, wtg Griffie. Honestly, I don't know why I bother trying to suprise Ian at Christmas because he ALWAYS guesses what I bought him. Last year I bought him a "surprise" gift and he hated it and ruined Christmas morning because he bitched about it so much and made me cry. This year I went back to the boring old list.
HA!!!!! That is so hilarious.
Matthew's only surprise this year will be a new lunch box/bag. I have HAD it with the ratty old one he takes so I ordered him a new one and my bro and SIL are going to buy it from me and give it to him. Merry Christmas, LOL.
Post a Comment