12/15/08

Freaking J Crew website

I want to curse at the laptop right now. I love the styling at J Crew. I've recently been accumulating new clothes for the fam from said store, courtesy of their sales and enticements to buy.

I got an email today that they're having a new sale, 30% off all sale items and free shipping. Sold. I have spent the better part of the day trying to get their crapbag website to work! Half the time I'll click on an item only to have a message that says Oops, we've sold out of this item six months ago and we're too cheap or too stoopid to hire IT people to update our website... or some such crap.

The other half of the time I'll be able to successfully add an item to my cart only to have the entire site go down and I get some lame error message that even the best sites have problems.

Jeez louise.

I actually got an email from J Crew a few months ago apologizing for their crappy website and promising changes. Nothing has changed. The same items that were sold out and still listed online a month ago are still there, luring unsuspecting shoppers with the promise of cheap corduroy pants or a dreamy soft sweater.

If my son didn't look so stinking cute in their clothes, I'd boycott them! Instead, I'm waiting patiently for their site to reload so I can give them money and they can send me things. Fair enough.

By the way, I ordered these boots last month during their previous 30% off sale and they are to die for. Everywhere I go people compliment me on them! They're cozy and styly and I'd sleep in them if it was legal. The best part is they're called the Chamonix boots (that's shah-monee for you 'Mericans) and we skiid Chamonix when we lived in Geneva. Sweet. Now if I could only find a basement creperie I'd be set.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...