12/3/08

It's Just. Getting. Interesting!

Alas, I cannot roll over and let Countrywide walk away (or in this case, just sit there like a bunch of dumbasses) with the Saint Albans home. I am going to fight.

I spent the better part of the last few days contacting some people (ok, a couple of attorneys) that might know a little something about buying REO properties, and I've learned a few things. I'll save the details for later...don't want to show my hand just yet...but let's just say it's pretty good! Thank you, Katie G, for emailing me and telling me how you and Andy did it! You were invaluable and now I can't sleep I'm so excited.

On a more bummer note, Neil's grandma passed away last night. For her, it's a blessing. She gets to go Home, and be with Eddie. In going through old photos for her memorial service, Neil found an awesome picture of the two of them kissing, sometime in the forties. She wrote on the back of all of the pictures she sent to him..."I love you best." Isn't that cute? And also, what the heck does that mean?

So her passing has also thrown Neil into a major downward spiral, mostly because he's been forced to be around his mom. I hope he's able to get some closure and peace with the whole situation and move forward. He'll never be close with his mom again, I can see that, but maybe he can let the rawness of his anger subside a little now that Ruth isn't here to worry over? That's my hope.

Tomorrow we have the memorial service and Friday is the burial. This ought to be interesting. It would probably be more fun if it turned into a Jerry Springer smackdown, but you know that isn't going to happen. I should bring my new videocam just in case.

I'm having a lot of fun Christmas shopping this year! Last year I had a three-week-old baby, so everyone got cash or gift cards. This year I'm doing presents again and I'm having a blast. One of my nephews will be getting the Creepy Crawlers Workshop, where you make your own bugs. A friend of mine's sons absolutely love it and have played with theirs for four years now. My niece will be getting faux Uggs with hearts all over them. One nephew is getting a green iPod Shuffle, and two others may be getting them, too, although in different colors. I also bought two of the large dragonfly Air Hogs helicopters. Neil loves his, I'm sure a twelve-year-old will like it, too, right? If not, Brett, it's yours.

I even have a ton of great ideas for my parents, which is totally unheard of! Mom's getting something neat-o (maybe she occasionally reads this blog and I don't want to give it away yet) and so is my dad. Wow, that was a lame paragraph where I didn't say anything!

Oh, and last but definitely not least...I want to give a shoutout to Marci G (formerly Marci D)! She sent me a note on Facebook and let me know that she is a loyal reader. I haven't seen her since college sometime (? summer ?) since I missed our ten year reunion, so it's great to reconnect with all of the girls from high school again. Hi Marci!

Well, kids, that's all for me today. Only two more posts until my centennial! I have to start getting that one ready. Apparently it's a big deal in Blog World.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I am glad for the hope on the house. I am interested in your plan, so e-mail me. :)

I too am really enjoying Christmas preparations this year. It is so much fun to share in the excitement that Santa has brought to my household. Ben talks about him all day every day. Love it.

Angela said...

Ooh, I'm so excited about the house!! If you get it, we're all coming to stay with you. :)

Andrew is psyched about Christmas, too!! Unfortunately, he asked Santa for a fire truck, police car, and ambulance. He already has tons of those! Ugh...

Anonymous said...

Yay! I got a personal shout-out on your blog! That's so exciting! Good luck with the house...
Marci

Christia said...

Heather I love reading your blog! I'm excited for you, about the house! And yay for picking out great Christmas presents! I love years like that! This year, I'm kind of stumped and haven't even ordered my Christmas cards yet! What is wrong with me?

Oooh I'm almost to my 100th post too...

Line said...

Hi Heather (fellow blogger!),

I was curious about the Uggs boots you gave as a gift with the hearts, were they Snugits from www.Snugits.com?
I'm curious to know what you thought about them if so.

Thanks ahead,
Line

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...