12/6/08

One hunert

Happy one hunert posts to me, la la la la! I thought and thought and thought about what to write for my centennial post. And I can't think of anything. So maybe I'll just do some random lists and pictures or something, like the way my brain works on a regular day.

Here is something I really like right now, at Target. Yes, I would marry Target if I could.

They have new wedding invitations - you can make your own super modern and cool wedding invitations and not go into debt for it! And none of your guests would know the difference. They even come with the reply cards that match, and the paper quality is really great.

I also just found Etsy. My friend Christia is a new avid knitter (she's also new to the midwest, can you believe it?) and she's selling her work at her Etsy shop. So I wandered over there last night and WHOA! What a plethora of cool things on Etsy! I thought my mai teis were cool, but there are people on Etsy selling way cooler baby carriers than mine. Oh, well, I'm not selling them, I guess that helps a little.

I'm trying to find a blog/html designer who can put my blog design idea into action. So if any of you know of a graphic designer who can do this sort of thing, please have them email me at heathertyfeatherty@gmail.com. The job pays tens of dollars. Just kidding! I know what I want, I just don't have the time or talent to use Illustrator and learn how to write html code.

I found this picture of me as a four year old skiing prodigy in Tignes, Switzerland. Circa 1976. So that got me thinking about how I want to raise my sons, and now I'm adding SKI TRIPS to our list of things to do each winter.


And last but not least (yes, this post will surprisingly be shorter than my usual ramblings), here is a list of ways you can help someone else this holiday season.

And I leave you with this. A photo of myself at Christmas in 1976, the same year of the skiing championship. This photo is a plea to parents. Don't do this to your child's hair. Merry Christmas and Happy Blogging, everybody!

3 comments:

Brett Havekost said...

Ahh yes ... you must have forgotten all about the famous two words when it comes to skiing.

Ski School

Those were always fun times. Getting dumped off to "learn" how to ski while the adults went off skiing. Good times, good times!

Anonymous said...

LOL at your bro because I can't *wait* until my kids are old enough to be dropped off at ski school so I can resume my regularly schedule weekly board sessions!!!! I have searched high and low that will take a 3 year old, but it looks like my hopes and dreams will not be fulfilled until next year.

Angela said...

Loved your hundredth post!! Matthew is uber-jealous (yes, I said it) of your childhood. :)
LOVE the pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...