Yeah, I'm stumped. I just don't know what to get Neil for Christmas, and as you can see by the date, it is two short weeks away. Here are some of my better ideas....
- A puppy. This actually tops my list because I love dogs and we've wanted a puppy forever. But, we have a puppy. His name is Griffin. He's still not housetrained. If I were to get one, my neighbors could keep it until we spring it on Neil, who has been begging me for one for two years. I'm on the fence about the breed, though. He wants a chocolate lab. I want either a golden retriever or a Bernese Mountain Dog. Time is running short and then of course, there's the issue of the many weeks of work travel we both have in January....
- A new flash and lens for the camera. BORING. Let me reiterate...BORING. But useful and something he'll like, just not exciting.
- A shotgun. This is on the bottom of my list for many reasons, not the least of which is I Hate Guns. I see no use for them, as I find great usefulness in my local grocery store and I don't want to die at the end of a gun barrell. But recently Neil has revived his interest in guns, and even bought a cheap rifle this weekend. He's been talking to my brother-in-law about shotguns, and now Greg thinks he should take me shopping (no doubt to Cabela's, again) to pick out a Binnelli shotgun. Yuck. Please help me come up with a better gift than this.
So, weigh in with your votes, or feel free to throw in another idea.



3 comments:
Have you thought about a gift certificate or membership for several rounds of skeet, trap or sporting clays at the Skeet & Trap Club?
http://www.skeetrap.com/NP/AboutMembership.htm
Sorry I typed wrong originally. I vote a big HELL no to the gun, for personal reasons.
My vote is puppy. Chocolate lab!
Post a Comment