12/12/08

The word UBER

In case you missed it, I don't like the word uber. It's uber irritating to me, I have no idea why. I am even unclear as to whether or not it is its own word, or is it a modifier? Is that even a term, modifier?

I just heard the ultimate reason why you should never use the word uber in written or spoken communication again. Always (you know, the company who wants us all to have a Happy Period) has a new commercial on teevee for their Infinity maxipad. The lady announcer actually says "it's uber-absorbent." That should be enough, right? To never use the word or whatever it is ever again?

Ah well, I tried.

We had a cute little Christmas party at the boys' daycare tonight. Santa even came! Cooper was so excited to see Santa, he sat on his lap and told him he wanted a fast race car for Christmas. And Griffin wasn't scared.

I'm not sure whether fear is in Griffin's vocabulary yet or not. He spent most of the night practicing his walking skills and walking independently around the school cafeteria. This included focusing in on the microphone stand as a shiny target and attempting to bring it down again and again. I ended up with a plate of mostaccioli and green beans on my legs and down my red boots at Griffin's hand, that was fun.

I was so proud of Cooper tonight! Each class did a little song for the crowd, and he did so good. Miss Aislinn's class did some rhyme about Christmas complete with hand gestures, or maybe that was sign language. Anyway, Cooper did all of the little motions! He was the only one I noticed who didn't miss a beat, or a line in the song. Or poem. Whatever it was, it was cute! I wish I'd unpacked my new videocam for the event. Who knew it was going to be so cute?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I use that a word all of the time and I love it. I actually only use it with you guys though because it is never appropriate in my real life. ;) Now that I know you hate it, I will be sure to use it a lot more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...