My husband is obsessed with anything that runs on a gas engine, especially a two-stroke engine. He was in Springfield this past week and the DICK'S Sporting Goods store had this deal on hot green minibikes that he just couldn't pass up. I put the emphasis on Dick's. I mean, if you had the choice of names for your retail business, would you choose Dick's?
So he snuck it home and put it together and tried to pretend he's had it for a long time. I knew better. I caught him in the garage working on it.

This morning the weather wasn't horrible (50s) and Griffin took a good long nap so Cooper and I came out and played.
Those of you who know about my ill-fated near fatal experience on the Honda Trail 90, will be greatly impressed at my ability to ride this 50cc minibike. I love it! You practically have to push it with your feet to go forward, it's perfect for me. 
I don't want my boys to be grease monkeys. I think I'm losing the fight on that one. I may even be joining them.

This photo shows the magic of Photoshop Elements. The "before" shot included some very dark circles under my eyes a la my baby Griffin who hasn't slept through the night in two months. Yesterday alone I took two naps. But with the Magical Undereye Concealer Tool (I'm sure it has an official name, I just don't know it), you can't see them anymore!
Then after Griffie got up we all went down to the New Highway 40 Celebration (yay, the happiest day of my life will be tomorrow when the highway opens again!!!) to try to catch a horsedrawn carriage ride. No luck, Santa was firmly ensconced in the sleigh but we did get to walk on the highway with twenty thousand other people and their dogs. Binnie would have hated it.
Oh, and there were lots of firetrucks, so Cooper liked that. He got a red plastic fireman's hat, and on the way back to the car he said "that was nice of the firemens to give me the firehat." Sweet boy. And then he cried for twenty minutes until he crashed.


Now both of the boys are passed out and I am off to fold thirty five loads of laundry before they wake.



0 comments:
Post a Comment