This morning was brutal. I was up all night with Griffin again. This time, he seems to have a head cold. The green boogers that glued his nose and one of his eyes shut were a few of my clues.
By 4:30 a.m. we were in the family room - me suctioning his nose and squirting Afrin up it, him screaming and clawing at me like a spider monkey. Once he could breathe again, he sucked down some warm milk and slept until 7:15, which is very late for a child of my womb. They seem to be born with egg timers in their brains that go off at 6:00 a.m. on the DOT.
Anyway, by 8:00, I had both boys bundled like abominable snowmen and we tredged out to the car. This is what my dashboard thermometer read....

In case you can't see it clearly, the temperature reads 1 F. There should be some sort of law against weather this cold in this part of the country.
While I'm thinking about it, I'm going to give my new company car a plug. I recently took delivery (apparently 1,393 miles ago) of a brilliantly blue Chevy Equinox. I had the choice of that, an Impala, a Grand Prix, or a Buick Lacrosse. I would have liked to choose the Buick, but alas I'm not 65 so it was against the law.
I chose the Equinox. And I have to say, I've driven a lot of different cars over the last eleven years of my career, and this is one of my favorites! The height is perfect for carseats...not too high (like our Tahoe), not too low (like a sedan). The trunk is very large, big enough for a stroller and a bunch of other stuff you want to cram in there. The back seat is roomy enough for two boys in two full-size carseats. I have enough room for a basket in between them and I can stick shopping bags on the floor if I need to.
The model I ordered came with heated leather seats, a HUGE PLUS in weather like this. And the best part of all? The feature I would like to kiss someone at GM for installing in all of their new cars? REMOTE START. Let me just say, if you don't have remote start on your car, you need to run out and get it. I have had it for the last three years and it is the best feature ever invented. In the summer, I can cool the car before I get in. In the winter, I can warm it up. There is no downside.
The only thing that was slightly disappointing is the color. I ordered Navy Blue. It is more of an Electric Blue. A little garish, but hey - it's free. Who am I to complain? Well, yeah, I would still complain but in this case I'm not gonna do it cause I like my new car. If you're in the market for a small all-wheel-drive SUV, or whatever they call this, I recommend it.
This afternoon my friend Sue, our real estate agent, is coming to the house to assess what needs to be done before we can sell it. The cleaning crew comes this morning, Rhonda and her husband Gary. They are the best housecleaners I have ever met, hands down, no contest. So at least Sue will see a clean house! Not organized, but clean. I'm interested to hear whether or not she thinks it smells like pee. Lots of houses with little boys smell like pee. I hope mine doesn't.
This is what the family room looked like after the boys left this morning.
It's all been cleaned up since then. All except for the top of my desk. I need to hire a professional organizer.
And here's a shoutout to Binnie, the blind old lady dog who lives with us. I love you, Binnie. (Can you see the fog in her eyes? She can't see me at all in this picture.)



3 comments:
Too funny you took a picture of your dashboard!
What did your real estate agent say?
Heather I love you for posting that picture of your desk.....I am not alone in my mess!!!! Mine looks the same but I do know where everything is.
Post a Comment