1/16/09

Hana

Have you ever had a sense memory? Smelled something or eaten something that suddenly brings you back to a different time in your life?

This morning I was getting ready for the day, and I inexplicably reached for a relatively old bottle of Aveda perfume in my medicine cabinet. I spritzed on a little, and suddenly ~ whoosh! ~ I was twenty-five again, living in Springfield where I didn't know a soul, and finding my first Aveda hair salon.

It's been a love affair ever since. I love the smells of Aveda. There hasn't been a product I've tried of theirs that I haven't liked. I never wear perfume anymore, but over ten years ago I did. It was called Hana, it was a pure-fume. They've since discontinued it, but I was able to buy a bottle off of EBay last year and have stashed it away for special occasions.

I can still picture the hair salon I walked into for help with my pathetic 'do. I remember the hairstylist (Melanie) who took me on as a client and changed the way I look at color.

I'm so glad I don't live there anymore, but I'm grateful that I found Aveda!

1 comments:

Marci said...

Good luck with all your house projects, Heather, and have fun house-shopping! What an exciting-and busy-time in your life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...