Good Lord, we have another snow day. I wasn't happy about yesterday's snow day, so you can imagine how I feel about another one on top of it.
It's not that I don't dearly love a lazy day, I do! But you'll recall, I just spent an entire weekend sleeping, which means I got nothing done for work or around the house. So I actually need the anklebiters to be in school this week so I can catch up for last weekend before this weekend hits! Whew.
At least today we actually have snow. That's nice, to have snow on a snow day. Yesterday we just had Fear of Snow. That's common in this area. When I moved here, the city of Saint Louis owned eight snow plows. I'm not kidding. Now maybe they own nine? I don't know, I moved to the county where there are at least sixteen.
I had this funny conversation with my husband this morning. Setup: we have a Tahoe that we bought last year. It's in the garage behind a bunch of junk my husband piled around it, so it's not really driveable right now.
H: Can you clear out the Tahoe so I can drive it today?
N: Why?
H: Uh, it's snowy. It has high clearance and four wheel drive.
N: It's clean, I don't want it getting dirty. I didn't pay $40k for a car just to get it dirty.
H: But you did pay $40k for a car so you can wash it and store it? But not drive it?
So I'm not driving the Tahoe today.
I spent much of yesterday sorting through clothes that no longer fit my monkeys, and I drug out the Girl Stash. This is the rubbermaid container where I used to put baby girl clothes that I'd find on great clearance, or that I'd just fall in love with. Griffie helped me clear it out.
And guess what? It didn't bother me one bit to sort them into piles and box them up for other baby girls around the country. There was a time, not too many months ago, when the thought of finally parting with the last few outfits was too hard.
But I've grown! And I've aged. And I'd like to think I'm too freaking tired to imagine another baby in my life at all, let alone a baby of a different gender that I'd have to learn new things about parenting.
So this is a final picture. This was my most favorite, most beloved baby girl outfit I ever bought (it's from Janie and Jack). And it's totally impractical. The sweater is a little wooly, for one, and it's a 3-6 month size. What three month old baby can wear separates? Not mine, that's for sure. Griffin is just now wearing separates and he's fourteen months old.
Some girlfriends of mine will be getting nice boxes with wooly impractical beautiful baby girl outfits in the mail soon. When they're doing the laundry in a few months they'll be cursing me for the "no tumble dry" outfits, but that's OK.
These last pictures are action shots from Griffin's first dinner last night. He eats two dinners. This child has the best fine motor skills I've seen on any of my babies (n=2). He already prefers to eat with utensils over his fingers. In fact, he'll fight you for a fork if he sees one in the vicinity. Check out the action sequence...
Spear food with fork....
Jam it in mouth...
1/28/09
Another snow day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WTG Griffie! I'm so jealous. Alexis is almost 3 and still prefers to use her fingers though she is perfectly capable of using utensils. Justin on the other hand is a neanderthal! He grabs with fists and shoves into the mouth. How nice it must be to have a civilized child! :)
Yay for clearing out the girlie stash :) And Griffin is SO cute!
Post a Comment