1/27/09

I can smell poop

We have a snow day today. Which is weird because we really don't have that much snow on the ground, maybe two inches? But yeah, in St. Louis everyone freaks out at the sight of snow, starts driving erratically, and they cancel all schools. Daycares and preschools go along with regular schools, so we're home.

And I can smell poop right now. Probably coming from Griffin's pants. I hope to God it's coming from Griffin's pants, otherwise I have bigger problems.

[some time has elapsed] Yeah, it was definitely coming from Griffin's pants. He's suddenly started eating like a monster! And it all comes out eventually. He poops like three or four times a day. I used to get by with never seeing a poopy diapy all week because he'd go while he was at daycare.

Now, however, he goes all the time. He even woke up in the middle of the night with a poop diaper last week!

We went to Bread Company this morning, and the child ate my entire asiago bagel, so I had to go order another one. He can clear a plate like you would not believe. He's not getting taller, but he is definitely getting w i d e r.

Putting him in his jammies now is like shoving a sausage into it's wrapper. At least, I think so. I have never tried to put sausage into a wrapper, but I'm guessing.

He weighs 24.5 pounds today. I swear a month ago he weighed 22 pounds? I wish I was a better record keeper, I'd write down all of his doctor appointments and then I'd never forget these details. Anyway, I think he's gained ten percent of his body weight since Christmas.




G has also suddenly become OPINIONATED. I remember being newly pregnant with Griffin, when Cooper hit this stage. He can talk a little (or at least he thinks he can), and he has opinions about things. Mostly negative opinions. He likes to scream loudly and throw his body around for dramatic effect. I remember thinking to myself "oh my God, what have I done? How am I ever going to handle two kids at the same time?" That feeling lasted until sometime last week.

It doesn't help matters that Griffin really just wants to do whatever his brother does, and his brother likes to cry. A lot. I asked Cooper recently, after he'd gotten over one of his spells, why he cries like that so much? And you know what he said?

"I like to cry."

Oh my. How do you reason with that?

And do you see the bruise in the middle of Griffin's forehead? This is a regular thing, it really never goes away. Because Griffin is the child who helmets were designed for. Seriously, someone invented this thing for toddlers and I'm thinking of getting it.

It's like his head is a magnet for the floor. You can set him down to walk around, and he will fall straight back and conk his head. He doesn't even cry that much anymore! I worry about the dain bramage. I guess we'll just have to see how his IQ scores are later on.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Really cute pictures of Griffin! Makes me miss that age, but then you bring up the poopy diapers, crying, etc and I don't miss it anymore.

Sara said...

Hey, your list isn't getting crossed off on the side. that is bugging me. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...