1/9/09

Can you see me now?

I think this falls under the category of "nobody wants to know what you had for lunch," but nonetheless, you're a gonna hear it.

I took Binnie to the vet this morning. The poor girl has cataracts. When she looks at me I think "you're blind as a stone, aren't you?" We could do surgery when they start to affect her QOL (that's quality of life for you non-pharma people). Each eye costs $3,000 to fix. Yes, that's each eye. She better see the hell out of some stuff for six large!


I spent some time at the dermatologist this afternoon. I laid myself at her mercy. Fix me. I signed up for some sort of undereye treatment for my dark circles, and a wrinkle treatment. Then this past week I sprung with acne again, so I asked her to fix that while I'm there.


This is the Before Intense Pulse Light Treatment photo. Since this year began with the word ugly, I've decided to embrace my ugly and not hide it so much. This is really what I look like with no makeup first thing in the morning. Stunning, isn't it?


So the good news is the treatment she did is excrutiatingly uncomfortable. That's what doctors call pain, they call it discomfort, and they also call it pressure. This time it was just pain, but pretty quick. It kind of felt like she was flashfrying my eyeballs for a few minutes, one blast at a time. The weird thing is I really didn't have freckles under my eyes before the treatment, and now I do. Dark ones, too! It's basically the death of bad skin cells, pigmentation that doesn't need to be there, imperfections that make me more imperfect. They get fried to a black crisp and then they fall off. Sounds pretty, huh?

So that's my big day, a little work wedged in here and there, a little self-improvement. Oh, and it started off with Cooper wrapping his skateboard up in Blue Blankie and skating on his belly around the dining room. Kids are weird.



Oh, wait! I knew there was something Important I wanted to post. We're going to slap up a tile backsplash in the kitchen, throw a little lipstick on this pig before we take her to market in March. Do you like the mixed squares tile or the rectangles? I thought I liked the rectangles best, but when I put it up I'm just not sure? I could be thrown by the dark color of the cardboard sticking out behind it, that might be the problem. I wish I could do a poll, so if you wouldn't mind commenting and telling me what you think about my tile choices? Thanky!


4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

You have NO wrinkles around your eyes, and quite luminous skin tone. So there. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the mixed squares backsplash best. I am floored that you got botox. Because we are the same age and we don't have wrinkles yet. Don't burst my bubble on this. I think you need a strong injection of self-esteem, girl! You're fabulous and don't you forget it! I haven't seen you in almost 20 years, but I've gotten to know you all over again through this blog, and you are cool, smart, crafty, lovable, funny, stylish, a great mom and very pretty...and much more! If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have kept reading your blog. I've dropped blogs before and am not afraid to do it. I only have time to read about the grooviest of people. So embrace your awesome self, girl!
Marci

Angela said...

Wow. Six grand for dog eyes. Don't think I could do that.
I inherited my dad's dark "I-look-dead-but-I'm-not" circles under my eyes. He can at least hide his beneath his glasses, but I don't wear them.
Love the new layout, BTW! It's great!

Dr. Rose Jeans said...

I hate to say this but I don't think you should use either style of tiles. You have nice slate floor tiles and beautiful granite countertops. I would try to find tiles that relate to either of those 2 materials.

I agree with Lyndsay, you have beautiful skin.

You'll love the effects of the IPL and the botox. I like the brow lift and eye-opening effects I get with the botox. The IPL keeps my redness under control, as well as getting rid of sun damage (freckles).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...