This post could also be called "I need to go back to work, and the kids need to go back to school/daycare." This MLK day off is just a little too close to the three weeks we had off at Christmas for my sanity level, know what I mean? I haven't showered in two days, there is two weeks' worth of laundry piled up that needs to be folded and put away, toys are strewn everywhere, and Cooper ate ice cream for dinner last night.
So it's cold out, and we're cooped up inside, barricaded in the family room because my husband is working on installing a light at the bottom of my Now Favorite Stairwell. What to do with all this time? Surf the net, that's what! To heck with folding laundry!
I found a few cool new websites I've never seen before. In my quest to improve my blogging skills, I came across Delightful Blogs, a directory of blogs that are all delightful. They've been reviewed for membership, so it's pretty accurate that every blog listed there ranks pretty high on the Delight-o-Meter.
Then I stumbled across plain old Delight. It's a website that features one item on sale each day, with a focus for things that are also delightful. It's somehow related to Delightful Blogs. Maybe they're cousins or something? I did find a beautiful necklace on Delight that I would order...if I didn't already own one that I paid substantially more for somewhere else! Not the exact same one, but close enough to make me sick that I paid so much more for mine. Their jewelry seems pretty cool, so I'm going to bookmark it and browse in all of my free time.
I missed my first knitting lesson Friday night because I cut my index finger opening a box. So I got my needles, yarn, and pattern book out and lo and behold I do remember how to knit, I do! I was able to cast on and do my first row. Now I have to try and remember how to purl. I knit Continental (I hold the thread in my left hand and do all turning with the right needle, no throw-overs here) but my picture book shows it English, so I have to try to find a good tutorial for stockinette stitches in Continental. Sounds thrilling, huh?!
When I'm finally up to speed with my knitting, I want to make these Big Snugs for me and my snuglets. The toddler ones are especially adorable. They also have a Snuglet version that is equally cute and possibly wouldn't take as long to make?
Yeah, so that's the highlight of this long weekend. New stairwell, new knitting projects. No showers. Ice cream for dinner. Oh, and a trip to Costco. Time to go back to work.
1/19/09
The inmates are running the asylum
By Heather on 1/19/2009
This is about feathering the nest, mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I wish you lived by me--you could be in my knitting group! My kids need to go back to school, too. I could never home school, that's a fact.
Knittinghelp.com is FABULOUS!!!
Post a Comment