**A little praying is in order tonight and tomorrow. My friend Benjamin Amick, or Little Big Heart, goes in for surgery tomorrow to repair a something or other with his duodenum. I'm sure he's gonna do great, he's a mighty might, that kid. Also, my friend MJ gets to find out the sex of her baby bean! That's exciting! Ok, carry on....**
Initially I started this post because I thought I needed help deciding whether or not I liked the new drapes I got for our family room. Now I think I really like them. I'll post the pics anyway, because I spent fifteen minutes uploading them and because I want my mom to see my new pillows, too. See, mom?
This is the old lame valances I had hanging up on our windows.
The windows are ginormous, and the ceilings are short. The house is eighty years old, they didn't build impractical vaulted ceilings back then. So it always felt like the ceiling was caving in on me in that room. I thought maybe new drapes would change the aspect somehow. It worked in Griffin's room so I gave it a shot here, too, and I think it's working.
So yeah, I'm happy with them!
Tonight I took Griffin with me to pick up pizza at a little local pizzeria. While we were waiting for the pies to be ready, the waitress stopped to talk to Griffin. Within five minutes, I had heard a little life story of hers, a slice of her life if you will. I hear a lot of stories like that. I've decided I'm going to serialize them somehow. Maybe a weekly post about "Stories I Hear" or something like that. Believe me, some of them are going to blow your mind. Like my friend P whose family came to the States by way of a leaky boat out of Vietnam, and when the boat sank....well, you're just going to have to tune in later.
1/12/09
A little help?
By Heather on 1/12/2009
This is about feathering the nest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
YAY! Thanks for the prayer shout out. ;)
I *love* the new window dressings, or whatever they're called. Drapes? I am so challenged. I only have blinds.
I like the new drapes a lot...they look great!
Post a Comment