2/9/09

Griffin has fallen in love

This is difficult for me, I'll explain.

Griffin is in love. With his daddy. And his dog.

Why is this a problem?

Well, mostly it's just because I'm being small and petty. When I got pregnant with Cooper, my husband's response was something like "oh, ok." The pregnancy went by relatively unnoticed by everyone in my household except me. Grumble, grumble.

Then my darling baby boy was born! The skies opened up and the sun shone on him! And yeah, he was my baby. In every sense of the word, he was my baby. It was actually kinda nice because my first son was "shared" a lot more between me and my husband and everyone else. It was a little sweet having this baby that wanted me more than anyone else in the world.

I used to joke that my husband wouldn't be able to pick Griffin out of a line-up of infants if he had to. It wasn't until G was about seven or eight months old that he started taking notice of him, and it wasn't until more recently that he really clicked in. My husband, that is. Sometime around Christmas, he suddenly realized that Griffie is fun! And cute! And smart! And talented!

And Griffin is soaking up this Daddy Love like a sponge. If I'm holding him and my husband walks by, he cries "dadadaa!" with his arms outreached. He hangs on the gate to the second floor when my husband is upstairs showering, yelling "dadadada!" He follows him around the house and laughs and laughs when Neil picks him up to take him with him.

I've gotta say, it's really sweet. I'm a tad jealous, but not in a bad way. You know what's the greatest part about it? I can now make my husband sleep in the dungeon bedroom to help Griffin out at night! Sometimes, like maybe once or twice a week, I get to sleep upstairs in my own bed! This is like heaven. I probably shouldn't do it because it makes going back to the dungeon really hard.

Now I just need to time his outings with daddy so that they coincide with When He's Going to Poop. In our house, whoever smelt it cleans it.

OK, off to work now. Later on today I'll outline in detail Griffin's sudden love for his dog. She does not share this love, it's a one-sided love affair that involves lots of banging on her and warning growls. Fun stuff.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Andrew, for the most part, likes my mom the best out of any one. It is sweet but kind of aggravating at times. The other day she asked him, "Andrew, do you like to come to Namma's house?" He sighed deeply, threw his arms wide open, and said dreamily, "In the whole, wide world!" How can I compete?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...