This is just really weird, the case of the missing Blue Blankie.
Cooper has two favorite blankies. They're aptly named Blue Blankie and Stripe Blankie. I was actually smart and bought two copies of Stripe Blankie because he came from Target. But Blue Blankie was a baby gift from Cooper's aunt and I didn't buy a duplicate. I'm an idiot.
Cooper's routine is fairly set. He sleeps with both Blue and Stripe Blankies every night. He comes down with them in the morning, they lay on the couch unti he comes home from school, and then they go up to bed with him at night again.
Blue Blankie is the favorite. Blue Blankie is the one he needs when he has a fit of crying. This is Blue Blankie going for a belly ride on the skateboard a few weeks ago.

On Wednesday night, Blue Blankie went to bed as usual. Thursday morning, Cooper came downstairs with both Blue Blankie and Stripe Blankie. And by Thursday night, Blue was missing and Stripe was still here. It's soooo strange. We've looked high and lo and no sign of him. It's as if he ran away from home or something.
Cooper is slowly getting over it. I told him Blue Blankie is hiding and I hope he decides to come out soon!
I cleaned my office from top to bottom today. The desk is no more a wasteland. The desk is a wonderland. The closet is even clear to walk in (previously unheard of) and most of the extra computer cables from laptops-of-yore are gone in the garbage! Yay!
My Grandpa Gene was widowed about six years ago. My Grandma died of ovarian cancer and left him heartbroken. He passed away in his easy chair eighteen months later of a broken heart.
One weekend, my husband and I drove to Bull Shoals lake to fish. I caught a fish! I think it was a bass. I'll try to scan a pitcher fer ya. Anyhoo, I sent a copy to my Grandpa, I thought he'd get a kick out of it. [This pitcher is actually of a drum I caught on a different trip, but you get the idea.]

About a month later, I got these two slips of paper in the mail. Actually, one slip was in an envelope. That envelope was inside another envelope and the second slip was with it.


I remember reading these and getting kinda teary. The paper he wrote on was that thin kind that comes in a cube and sits on your desk or in their case, kitchen counter. So funny! He wanted to send a nice note to let me know he was still thinking about us grandkids despite Grandma being gone. He wasn't much for talking.
Ah, well. That's my trip down memory lane.



4 comments:
Desk looks GREAT!! I love the picture and the note. So sweet.
Aww--the note from your gpa is too sweet.
Thanks for sharing that note and story.
Ok so that note totally made me cry. And your desk looks great.
(OK the captcha (is that what it's called) is aryola--say that outloud)
Post a Comment