2/1/09

I'm bad at math

I was an English major. But I can do some rudimentary stuff if I have to. Like, for instance, I'm good at story problems. Like this one:

Sometime in the fall....

Car Maker C (a privately held company) and Car Makers G and F (publicly traded companies) are travelling to Washington DC to ask Congress for a bailout in the amount of $30 BILLION dollars. Their combined total worth prior to a recent downturn in the automobile market is only $16 billion.


Car Maker F tells Congress they have enough money to keep going, but they are there to support their friends and competitors with Car Maker C and G.

Congress approves some loans for a lesser amount of money, so taxpayers will be loaning Car Maker C, G, and possibly F some billions of dollars in order to keep them afloat. With the budget deficit nearing or over a TRILLION dollars at this point, even CHINA won't buy the bonds the U.S. is trying to sell to raise cash in order to hand it over to these Car Makers.

Fastforward to the winter...

Automobile supply companies have decided getting cash from Congress is a great idea, so they are also heading to Capital Hill to ask for monies in order to stay afloat.

There are approximately 300 million people in the U.S. Imagine if half of those people could drive a car. At this point, it would be cheaper for Congress to buy each qualified adult a car than to loan these companies all of this money. Hmmm...maybe I'll write my Senators again. Or, I could step outside and spit into the wind.

I am stepping outside....

Heatherty Featherty

1 comments:

Marci said...

I know, I know. Crazy, right?
How are those hives?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...