2/15/09

Let's Go to Confession

Sundays are a tough blogging day for me. By then my brain has turned to mush and I'm usually plum out of ideas to write about. So I thought, "hey! Let's implement a blogfessional, where I have to make an embarassing confession each Sunday!" Cause Lord knows I got a million of 'em.

Sounds like a great idea. I'm not Catholic (in fact, I'm Catholic Lite, we call it Lutheran), but confessions are good for the soul.

So here goes, my first Sunday Confession:

I was thirty years old before I knew what to do at a Yield sign. Seriously! I knew I was supposed to slow down, but I never knew the actual rules behind Yield signs until I met my husband.

I think a lot of people don't know that you're actually supposed to stop at a yield sign if someone else is turning. For instance, you're in the right lane, and you want to turn right and have a yield sign. Someone else in oncoming traffic is turning left (so they'll be going the same way you want to go) and they do not have a yield sign. You are supposed to stop for them!

This I didn't know. I can't tell you how many people I must have cut off over the years. It wasn't until I was riding with my husband in the car and he'd get road rage over someone not yielding (stopping) properly that I finally learned how to really handle a yield sign.

Now I see people blowing through them all the time, but I cut them slack and I give them a wide berth. I know they just don't really understand it. They slowed down, they tapped on their brake pedal. They just didn't know you actually have to stop if a car in the right-of-way wants to come.

Whew! That feels good, to get that off my chest. Now it's your turn.

1 comments:

Marci said...

Blogfessional--awesome. When people combine two words to make a new word, I smile. I have no confessions. I am perfect. Ha! Just kidding. I will try to think of something to confess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...