2/10/09

There are just too many cool blogs on the blogosphere

You know, I was starting to feel a little strange of late. Every time I'd follow a blog link and find a darling new blog, it would be, with all due respect, religious. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I'm Lutheran, I'm cool with Jesus.

But being Lutheran, I also don't want to talk about Jesus much. Or ever. We are just not that into public displays of religiosity. Garrison Keeler has made a career talking about conservative Lutherans from Minnesota. So my family is from Nebraska, but that's really not that different in climate or topography from Minnesota.

Anyhoo, I love my 'ligious friends! I love their blogs! I just didn't want to feel like I was the only silent-about-their-faith blogger out there.

I don't really know how it happened, how I found the most awesome Hooked on Houses? But thank the good Lord above I did (see, it's even made me talk about baby Jesus a little)! I am totally hooked on houses and it's nice to know someone else is, too. It's through Julia's blog that I also found these...

Velveteen Mind
Endless Possibilities
chatting at the sky
Blogging Basics 101
Bienvenue
Clever Girl Goes Blog (just found her this morning, so this is a post-post edit)

If you browse through these blogs, you're sure to find twenty more you might like (they all just went to Blissdom'09 and crosspost each other a lot). Maybe none of them will strike your fancy, or maybe you'll add one or two to your regular reading list. I know I did.

I consider myself, and this blog, a work in progress. That's why I posted the poll to the left. I'll be posting regular polls (got that idea from the guy at Problogger) to get some idea of what you guys like to read and what brings you back here. Thanks for all of your support, and if there's ever anything I can do for you, you let me know.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Marci said...

I enjoy your blog just as is. You sprinkle in family life, work, shopping, fun stories, cool blog/site info, even recipes (remember sausage tube? I haven't been able to forget!!!), decorating (frame with groovy red chair), right down to the temp in your car-ha! Your blog is a delight to read!

Angela said...

Aww..H, I love your blog, religious or not!

BTW, I love chatting at the sky! I've read it before and it reminds me of buddy-love. :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, this made me laugh! You're right--there are a lot of bloggers talking about Jesus out there. I'm Presbyterian and sent my kids to Lutheran schools up until this year, so maybe that's why I keep my religious beliefs to myself (on the Internet, at least). Ha.

Thanks for your kind words about my site. I enjoyed looking around on yours today. It's so pretty! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...