2/10/09

Griffin's new shoes

I ♥ Livie and Luca shoes! Seriously, I think they are the cutest shoes for little kids that have ever come along.

First off, they're lightweight. Nothing bothers me more than picking up a tiny shoe in a size four and having it weigh more than my son's leg. I wouldn't want to strap on shoes that weigh five pounds apiece, why should he?! Besides, it throws off the balance and freaks me out.

Secondly, they're just cute. When my brother got married two years ago, Cooper wore the elephant version to his wedding. Never before have my eyes beheld such an adorable site! Now Griffin is wearing those same elephants and my heart will break when I send them to my friend MJ who is having a baby boy soon (yay!).

Well, recently Griffin has developed a real love for being outside. Irritates me because it's still winter and I don't want to be out there, but being a Good Mom and all, I go along with it. Only problem is, those little Faux-bees he's wearing aren't really warm enough or water repellent to be walking on damp pavement.

So I searched online and I found a cute little boutique from Minnesota (bebe babble) that had Livie and Luca's on sale! For $18!!! I ordered them and they got here three days later, also somewhat of a miracle.

Today, Grif went to school sporting his new kicks.


Why is he in a diaper but shoes and socks, you ask? Because he'd spit up on his first outfit of the day, and I was in the process of picking out a second outfit.

The only drawback to these shoes is they're super comfortable and they give him stability. Being the daredevil that he is, the instant I put them on him last night, he started running. Literally, my baby was sprinting through the halls, squealing screams of joy. So yeah, maybe this wasn't such a great idea?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Marci said...

Your signature looks cool! Thanks again for my favicon--love it!

Mary Jo said...

Ok 1st you just need to come here to MN and check out bebe babble for yourself! (And hello how about the Mall of America? THIS is the place for a BZ meet-up of gals that love to shop!)
And secondly... awww baby B (Owen? Sammy? Joey???) would be proud to be next in line for the special shoes worn by your boys! Thanks for thinking of us :)

Angela said...

Oh, wow, those shoes look so cute!! And so does G! Love that boy.

BTW, you might want to also post the mangotree blog, which allows people to browse the frames a little better than the etsy shop site.

http://mangotreeframes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Griffin is looking so adorable.!! Those shoes are super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...