For seven months of the year, we've got it going on. We're good. We don't watch tv. We don't surf the net in most of our free time. We're busy.
And there are five other months of the year. A couple of them are taken up with Thanksgiving and Christmas, even New Year's brings a little festivity and of course marks the day that all Christmas decorations must be put away (including the reindeer from the front yard display).
And then, we wait....
And wait....
And finally, it's April.
Seriously, we do not go to Outside between November and April. At least not regularly.
I mean, we go to Outside to get in the car, and then we're in Outside again for a few minutes while we're transitioning from the car to the house or the car to school or the car to Target. Other than that, we don't go to Outside.
It's odd, Cooper doesn't even ask to go to Outside during these five months.
Outside is a really special place to my kid. During the other seven months of the year, the good seven months of the year, it's hard to get him to come Inside. We have to trick him sometimes! I know, I'm not proud of that either but it's the truth.
But this weekend it's going to be sixty degrees! SIXTY! Just a few weeks ago I was posting a picture of my car that said it was ONE degree. So this weekend, we're going to be going OUTSIDE again! It's scary. Last weekend he spent an hour outside and brought a bunch of dog doo back inside with him. This time I'll be watching him like a hawk and canvassing the yard with my shovel before we play.
I'm also going to be cracking out the old (new!) bicycle to pedal these children around the town. Check me out, I'm ambitious! We're going on a road trip! A true road trip, where I have to push my legs to pedal the bike, the trailer, and my kids on the road. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it.
Wish me luck. I'm like a bear that's hibernating. I really don't want to change things up and spend time outside but I think my kids need to blow the stink off them a little bit. Probably I do, too.
2/6/09
This weekend we'll be travelling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Enjoy the weather! We are :)
PS did you find Blue Blankie?
It was so nice to be outside all day yesterday. Reached 64 here...nice.
Post a Comment