The stairwell is now finished! Can you believe it?! My husband and I agreed that this was the most quick-to-complete project he's ever done on the house. He never lost steam, didn't get distracted by other projects, didn't stop when it was 90% done. He stuck it out and it's done down to the trimwork and the nailholes filled! I love it.

And here's a photo riddle...do you know what this means?

That means I finished nine loads of laundry and put them all away yesterday!!! This is like some sort of Festivus miracle because usually laundry stays on the dining room table (my folding table) until the following week when I just dress the kids right off the table and carry on the vicious cycle.
But not this week! No, this week the clothing is all in its appropriate drawer. Dangit, that's going to make my life harder when I have to dress my monkeys.
Here's another photo riddle...do you know what this means?

This means that you should never leave a toddler unattended while you put away your nine loads of laundry. Griffin was real quiet for a time there, so I went searching for him. Oh, I found him alright. Luckily the toilet in my bathroom is tall and the wastebasket didn't actually touch water. Otherwise I'd have thrown it out, I think.



But they're cute, aren't they?

This means that you should never leave a toddler unattended while you put away your nine loads of laundry. Griffin was real quiet for a time there, so I went searching for him. Oh, I found him alright. Luckily the toilet in my bathroom is tall and the wastebasket didn't actually touch water. Otherwise I'd have thrown it out, I think.

A lesson to all would-be do-it-yerselfers: BABIES DO NOT MAKE GOOD CARPENTERS. They also don't make good apprentices in painting or changing light bulbs. In all honesty, they're usually in the way if you're doing any sort of project that requires concentration or both hands.


But they're cute, aren't they?



3 comments:
Awesome pics!!! Stairs look great, but really love the laundry basket/toilet one--too funny--and the cute babies "helping" daddy!
Wow!! Great pics! I love the one of the basket in the toilet. Good job on the laundry, and the stairs look GREAT! (I had 11--yep--11 loads of laundry to do this weekend. Yikes. Still not finished.) Your boys are simply adorable.
Your house, seems like my house, which makes me feel so much better about the craziness that is my house!
Post a Comment