3/23/09

A book came to me in a dream

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning last night. On top of my exercise fatigue, I've been sick. The lovely Bradford Pear trees, they are not so lovely to me. I'm allergic, so every year when they bloom I get migraines and a massive allergic reaction. Like clockwork. Spending the entire weekend outside probably didn't help. I could go off on a rant about the overuse and mistreatment of Bradford Pears, but I won't.

When I woke up, my mouth was as dry as a desert, so I think I might have been snoring just a little. I had to get a drink of water, blow my nose, the works. And then I lay there trying to go back to sleep, when it hit me ~ a book idea. A story. Kind of like a dream, except not something weird that I would forget when I woke up and except that I was awake.

And sure enough, I remembered the details when I woke up! Ever since this morning, the story has been rattling around in my head, the details getting stronger and stronger.

So who knows? Maybe I'll put my English degree to good use. It seems like a lot of work, to tell a long story like that. Maybe I'll just write a short story instead. You know, like most of my blog posts.

Heather

3 comments:

Marci said...

Yes! I think you should write a book. In fact, haven't I mentioned that to you before? Remember I dreamt about it--how I was like your groupie while you were on book tour? And you dedicated your book to me? That was an odd dream.
Anyway, I totally encourage you to write a book. You have a lot of talent as a writer.

Angela said...

Oh, please, oh, please write it down so you don't forget! I'd buy it for sure. As long as you sign it first. :)

Christia said...

Oh Heather! Stephenie Meyer dreamed of Twilight before she wrote it! I'll totally buy your book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...