I recently read an article making fun of blogs that just post their daily schedules and whatnot. Kind of like mine. So, hey. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?
This is what I've done in the last seven days. In no particular order.
Used a dangerous tool to pull up all of the old asbestos tiles in my basement laundry area. Shhh, don't tell the guvment.
Cut and laid carpet tiles in laundry area of basement.
Sat on an airplane next to a man who hogged my area with his legs spread and spit dip juice into a clear bottle the whole way.
Consoled a friend who was having drama with another woman who used to be her friend. Listened to another friend's wackadoo story about her married boyfriend's inlaws taking his family to Hawaii without him. Hello, soap opera, it's me, Heather.
Got pinkeye.
Treated pinkeye with antibiotic drops.
Missed an appointment with my therapist (crap).
Heard from an ex-cop. Gulp.
Heard from an attorney.
Flew home from Dallas.
Flew to Chicago. And home. On Southwest.
Stayed at the W hotel.
Met my friend Susan in Dallas for a drink to catch up (so nice).
Lamented the worsening condition of my elbow situation.
Freaked out about my son's loss of hearing.
Made an appointment for my son to have his hearing checked on Friday.
Picked up my mom at the airport (yay).
Let my two year old sleep with me.
Regretted the decision to let my two-year-old sleep with me when he hogged the bed and kicked off the covers all night.
Ordered coolio necklaces from Anthropologie.
Returned yucky necklaces to Anthropologie.
Turned off the furnace in preparation for spraypainting.
Spray painted the basement wetsink cabinet cream.
Worried about the house exploding when I turned the furnace back on. It didn't.
Bought a new suitcase after the handle broke on my other one. Which was also fairly new.
Went to TJMaxx and found tons of cute things from Juicy and Lucky that I didn't buy.
Painted the stairwell going upstairs.
Lamented the current state of the economy and wailed "oh my God, what are we all doing to do?!" and then relaxed about it because what the hell there's nothing I can do but keep on keeping on.
Etched and primed four doors upstairs - bathroom, two bedrooms, and two closets. Wait, that's five doors.
Wrote this post along with a bunch of others.
Inspected my navel too much.
Hugged and kissed my kids a lot. But not enough. It's never enough!
3/4/09
The last seven days
By Heather on 3/04/2009
This is about feathering the nest, mommying, navel gazing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL- LOVE IT! Oh I hate the airplane hogger issue. I sat next to a guy on my way to see Angela and he hogged too. I kept looking at him wondering WTF because he wasn't even that big of a guy and should have been able to "keep to his own space" just fine.
What a busy week, girl!! Love that you flied SW, of course. Sounds like you're making a lot of progress on your house-awesome. You must have 30+ hours in your day. Wow. All I can say is, I'm impressed!
Oh, and what was wrong with your necklaces? They looked so cute on your blog. Was it a case of looked cute on paper/screen, but not in real life?
My security word is yucky:
slaypet
I do not like that.
Be not afraid of the bullets....
Post a Comment