I totally had a doozy lined up for today. I remembered it while I was in Florida, and it was a biggun. But I've forgotten it.
Such is the feeble mind of an aged woman. I remember nothing.
So, this one is kinda lame.
In order to throw things away in my house, I have to take them to my parents' garbage.
My husband is a bit of a hoarder. He goes through the garbage to make sure I haven't thrown anything of his away. Even if it's broken parts to something we don't use anymore, I'm not allowed to throw it away. For instance, we had a Shark floor sweeper that went kaput. It sat on our kitchen porch for three months because I wasn't allowed to throw it away, despite his admission that it could not be salvaged. I finally ran out one morning while he showered and got it to the trash man just in time. He hasn't missed it.
You can imagine, this behavior (of his) would not be conducive to an organized, fairly neat household. So I improvise. I shred papers that need to be thrown away. That way he never sees them in the garbage. I typically shred junk mail before he gets home in the evening or he'd save it. For a long time.
Then the big stuff, I take that out to my parents' house. Their garbage goes out on Thursday. Ours is Monday. That way, I have staggered opportunities to throw things away.
It's kinda nuts, isn't it? I suppose in a way it's lying. But I have to admit, I'm OK with it.
Two weeks ago, my mom came to stay with my kids while I had an overnight meeting and my husband was out of town. When I got home, we worked super hard to clear out a lot of the garbage in my basement. I sent my mom home with bags of garbage, but a few things I did throw in our trash cans. These were the things I thought were the least offensive. The most obviously valueless garbage-y items. He went through the trash when he got home and freaked out.
So yeah, I will continue to transfer trash. Probably more so now that he's on alert that I might be throwing valuable things like orange peels away.
Such is the feeble mind of an aged woman. I remember nothing.
So, this one is kinda lame.
In order to throw things away in my house, I have to take them to my parents' garbage.
My husband is a bit of a hoarder. He goes through the garbage to make sure I haven't thrown anything of his away. Even if it's broken parts to something we don't use anymore, I'm not allowed to throw it away. For instance, we had a Shark floor sweeper that went kaput. It sat on our kitchen porch for three months because I wasn't allowed to throw it away, despite his admission that it could not be salvaged. I finally ran out one morning while he showered and got it to the trash man just in time. He hasn't missed it.
You can imagine, this behavior (of his) would not be conducive to an organized, fairly neat household. So I improvise. I shred papers that need to be thrown away. That way he never sees them in the garbage. I typically shred junk mail before he gets home in the evening or he'd save it. For a long time.
Then the big stuff, I take that out to my parents' house. Their garbage goes out on Thursday. Ours is Monday. That way, I have staggered opportunities to throw things away.
It's kinda nuts, isn't it? I suppose in a way it's lying. But I have to admit, I'm OK with it.
Two weeks ago, my mom came to stay with my kids while I had an overnight meeting and my husband was out of town. When I got home, we worked super hard to clear out a lot of the garbage in my basement. I sent my mom home with bags of garbage, but a few things I did throw in our trash cans. These were the things I thought were the least offensive. The most obviously valueless garbage-y items. He went through the trash when he got home and freaked out.
So yeah, I will continue to transfer trash. Probably more so now that he's on alert that I might be throwing valuable things like orange peels away.



1 comments:
That is a bit of an odd issue, I must say. What a hassle to have to haul it to your mom's...jeesh. At least he doesn't seem to notice when stuff is gone.
Post a Comment