Hah! Actually, this is folk art. And it was sidewalk garbage.

Some neighbors down the street were clearing out their old garage and putting a bunch of antique furniture on the curb for recycling-and-or-garbage day tomorrow. For once {ironically, considering my confession for this Sunday}, I was the one to dumpster dive. Well, I didn't dive.
But I did pick up this awesome antique pedal car! I'm so excited about it. Neil is going to clean up the rust and get new wheels for it, and I'm going to display it on top of some tall piece of furniture where my hoodlums can't break it. They've already taken turns "riding" in it on the driveway. Gross.
I love folk art. It'll join my other favorites pieces in the house.
The PEACHES sign that is truly double-sided and really did hang from a fruit stand in the country.

The TomBoy grocery store mascot girl. I love her.

And the Rooms for Men sign that I bought the first year I lived in Saint Louis at an antique store. Also double-sided, also the real deal.

I hope the pedal car takes an iconic place in my home like my other finds. We shall see!
{p.s. I also took six big thick ornate table legs, sans table top. I'm going to paint them black and put a big slab o' somethin on top for my new craft room! So excited.}




1 comments:
i looooooove it! Fabulous find!
Post a Comment