Yep, it's official. I am officially obsessed with making something again. Last summer I went through a serious baby-carrier phase. What is it this time, you ask?
I'm obsessed with Amy Butler fabrics and patterns. I just ordered six patterns and a few more of her fabrics online and I will sit by my front door twiddling my thumbs until they come.
It's not like I don't have seventeen other things to do before dusting off the sewing machine again. It's just that I don't want to do those things. I want to sew.
Being in warm weather has me totally excited for spring and summer and I want to make cute things to wear! I'm going to do it, too, because I haven't felt like sewing clothes in a long long time.
Like, years.
Many years.
I also ordered the Anna tunic, although I'm going to make the mini-dress version. I think I may make it in this print called Tangerine Martini (how cute is that?), although I have a ton to choose from in my stash.
Then again, maybe the dress would be better in a big print and the skirt in a little print?
I'll surprise you.
If you want to see how a different blogger made the Barcelona skirt, read her post here. It's really pretty! And there's even a Flickr group that has a bunch of pictures of different Barcelona skirts, both the apron and the A-line. I'm making the A-line first but the apron looks cute so I'll probably do that one second.
I can't wait! I wish I didn't have to work today. Oh, wait. I have to sit by the door and wait for the pattern to come. Shoot!



16 comments:
Oooh--I love it! I wish I could sew. Tried years ago, after all my mom is expert sewer, but I just never was very good at it. Also, LOVE your folk art! And I've seen that Peaches sign in other pictures of yours and have coveted it ever since. It's seriously fabulous. As is the bathroom sign and others. The fabrics you chose are way cool and spring/summery. Can't wait to see the finished projects!!
Great fabrics as usual! And the antiques are great! Hope you all had a good trip back home. MJ
Ohhh, if you are bored, feel free to make Lily a couple of Amy Butler pinafores in blue! Why in the world does no store sell baby girl clothes in blue? It makes her eyes stand out! :)
BTW Lily wore that adorable Ralph Lauren dress on Saturday at Disneyland and she looked so freaking adorable. I took pictures to share with you, but my camera batter is dead so I can't upload them. :(
you are so creative and talented... i can't wait to see how they come out!!!
I absolutely adore Amy Butler! I have a huuuuuuuuuuuge stack of scrapbook paper in her patterns...why you ask? I don't scrapbook!
I love Amy Butler! Good obsession to have!
Oh, I have an Amy Butler case next to me right now. It's all pink and pretty! Great fabric choices!
~Kim
I'm hooked on Amy Butler, too!!! Hope you post your projects once they're done!
LOVE some Amy Butler designs!!
~angela @ peonypatch
Did you make your baby carrier with Amy's fabric? Awesome!!
Have fun with your patterns!
I love, love, love Amy Butler too!!!! Anything out of her fabric is just the cutest. And her scrapbook paper is wonderful to work with. Good luck on your addiction, it can get expensive.....
I laughed at your post title--"Obsession Alert." Ha. At least this is a good obsession to have, right? Amy Butler fabrics are beautiful. Have fun creating! :-)
Those fabrics and designs would make anyone want to make clothes. I'm excited to see the finished product.
I've always liked AB fabrics but I don't even own a sewing machine... slight impediment. Thanks for this post, and due to some blessed timing with someone getting rid of their old machine, I think I might try to make that skirt!
I love Amy Butler too! I am obsessed. In fact I just got 6 yards in the mail today with another 4 coming next week. Yikes! Good thing I got it on sale! Fabric.com has the largest selection I've found of all her lines.
Good luck with your sewing!
Love those fabrics! I've been making a-line jumpers for my girls and Amy Butler would be perfect for some original looking dresses!
Post a Comment