I am. Well, maybe just the moron part.
There are a few things that are currently driving me nuts.
First off, I have to tell you I spent the last three weeks as an accidental blonde. I have a lot going on lately, blah blah, and I made the mistake of going to get my hair done the day before leaving on a weeklong business trip. Which was bookended with another business trip, followed by a week in Florida.
The new girl I had color my hair (because my new guy doesn't do color), well, she didn't know me so well. My explanations and insistence on what I wanted fell on deaf ears, and I left the salon with stripey blonde highlighted hair. So many highlights that my hair was blonde.
I went to my meeting the following day, where my colleagues assured me that it didn't look bad. But I know it did.
Monday was the first chance I got to have it fixed. I went back to my old girl and explained my infidelity. The first thing she said when she saw me {while she was fingering my hair, no less} was "oh, my God, it's almost completely blonde! There are so many highlights!"
She took me back to her chair, and she fixed my hair. I am now a brunette/redhead/natural-headed girl again.
While her assistant was giving me a scalp massage she said "remember, try not to wash your hair for 24 hours so the color will last longer."
And then she shampooed my hair.
Does anyone else ever wonder why they bother telling you that? If shampoo is so detrimental to hair color, why do they shampoo your hair before you leave the salon?
And here's my second oxymoronic thing for the day:
Why do children's clothing manufacturers sew in fake drawstrings on pants and shorts? I know how to sew. I know that it takes as much engineering, tooling, and resources to fake a drawstring as to actually put one in. In fact, maybe more!
I have an idea why they do it. I think they don't really want our kids' clothes to fit well, because then they'd last longer and we wouldn't need to buy more so quickly.
Hmmm, I think I might be on to something with that last one there.
3/18/09
Who is an Oxy Moron?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Dang, I wish you'd have taken pictures of the blond Heather. LOL
I get SO mad about those fake drawstrings! I have a skinny toddler who has needed a real drawstring for two years. Ugh.
Post a Comment